Friday, October 17, 2014

On my mind

Here we are, less than two weeks from our first trip to Chile. People have been asking how we're feeling, if we're excited or nervous,  can they pray for us, etc.
I find myself saying "yes" a lot.

Yes, I'm nervous. 
Yes, I'm excited. 
Yes, please please pray. If you feel like you should pray for something for us, just do it. Please.
Yes, I'm curious. 
Yes, I want to try the food.
Yes, I'll miss the kids.
Yes, we hope this trip will give us some clarity.
Yes, we are praying for direction.
Yes, yes, yes.

You know what's on my mind the most, though?


What in the world am I going to pack?

I'm not even kidding. As much as I try to pretend that I'm totally going to be fine cramming ten days worth of clothing, toiletries and accessories into a backpack, I'm not. I'm just not.  
(Yes...I said it. Accessories.)


This is what is currently open in my browser. Thank you Pinterest for giving me even more to agonize over. Did you know there is such a thing as travel underwear? Did you? 
Underwear made specifically for t r a v e l i n g. Which is what I'm doing. I'm sure this means, I need them.
My darling friends bought me an amazing gigantic travel case and stuffed it full with every single toiletry I could possibly need or want for this trip. It pretty much fits everything in there. It is so full, in fact, I can't close it. The mark of a perfectly packed bag, if you ask me.  
I'm left wondering, is there going to be room in my pack for a curling iron? Or a hair dryer? Are we going to be able to do laundry? How many pair of pants should I take? Leggings or jeans? Jeggings? How many cardigans are appropriate?
I was going to email the poor dear who has been organizing our trip, but Mike has banned me from asking him anymore questions.
"When he said you could ask him anything, this is not what he had in mind."

I beg to differ.

There you have it friends. See how spiritually minded I am? Yikes.

Truly, I cannot wait to get going on this trip.
I am excited to see what IAM is doing and how we will be able to participate. I am so so looking forward to having a little bit of direction.
Even if I don't end up with those fancy travel underwear. 







(But I probably will.)

No comments: