Saturday, March 5, 2011

When your dad is a cop ...





It's been a bit since I've posted, and it's been even longer since I posted anything about being married to a police officer.

But, this afternoon, while wasting time on Facebook (and after having spent the majority of my day reading The Help...) I came across this article, posted by a good cop friend of ours. I just really loved it and wanted to share it with the rest of you.

It's titled When your dad is a cop every police death is personal ...
Although it is written from a son's perspective, I feel like it may as well be titled When your husband is a cop every police death is personal. Because really, it is. Every single time I feel like it could have been my husband and I feel at the same time thankful and guilty that it wasn't.

Good job Travis Mayfield on your well written article.

2 comments:

CM said...

Thank you for sharing this. I've read it before, but it is so profound. I would also say that when you ARE a police officer, every police officer death is personal.

Take care and tell your hubby to be safe.

sarahrose said...

At work I might get my feelings hurt, irritated at a co-worker or feel underappreciated by my boss. But my BFF is putting his life on the line for everyone else in the world. makes me remember no to sweat the little things...like paper cuts and broken copiers and late town cars. Really, its not that serious.