Sunday, November 7, 2010

An Admission

Can I admit something?

When I have something percolating through my mind, it kind of takes over everything. Like ... everything. For example, Mike has walked into our room a few times while I've been busy pondering what it is that's been on my mind (and probably making funny faces while talking to myself) and I just about kung-fu chopped him in the face each and every time.

Have you ever been sneaked up on? It's terrifying.

My husband's ninja assassin skills aside, this thing that has so consumed my thoughts is the same thing that has caused all my writer's block. I've tried writing about it a couple of times but it never comes out right (I know...rehashing what I've already said). So, instead of powering through it, I have a friend over and talk about it because that is so much easier.

And I feel less sneaked up on.

Then, a day or two ago, while reading the Bible, I read this verse.

Psalm 27:13 
I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.

And just ... whoa.

I can't even write much more about it because it doesn't do justice to what it meant to my spirit.

And all of that to say, now I have even more to think about. Which probably means more writer's block. And more kung-fu chops to Mike's face.

1 comment:

Cop Mama said...

Hey, your over here now!

As far as what's on your mind...it's totally normal, my suggestion is to sit down after the kids go to bed, pull out some notebook paper, and just start writing whatever comes to your mind. Kind of like free writing. But don't sensor, don't stop or think twice. Just write. Try it!

Just my two cents, hope that helps! :-)