Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What I thought was ...

I thought homeschooling would come naturally to me. Come to find out watching TV, sleeping in and staying in my jammies all day truly seem to be what I'm good at. Sigh.


Thankfully my dear friend Laura has agreed to hold me accountable and we have scheduled to meet on January 7 in order to plan out our entire school year. I made a list of goals I have to accomplish before we meet and as usual ... I haven't really started on them yet.


All of that to say, Melissa, another dear friend who is also homeschooling, referred me to Time 4 Learning, a web based learning program. I think it is going to be a good supplement until we get a definite plan down. Maybe it will be the plan? Who knows. 


I know I have been MIA and I have a lot I want to write about. Hopefully during the next few days it will all come together.


I’ve been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review. My opinion will be entirely my own, so be sure to come back and read about my experience. Time4Learning can be used as a homeschool curriculum, for afterschool enrichment and for summer skill sharpening. Find out how to write your own curriculum review for Time4Learning.  














I've been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review. My opinion will be entirely my own, so be sure to come back and read about my experience. Time4Learning can be used as an online homeschooling curriculum, a web based afterschool tutorial or an online summer program. Find out how to write your own curriculum review for Time4Learning.

2 comments:

Momma K9 said...

Teaching is a lot of work! It's really not as simple as some think it is. You'll do great! You may find this works for this year, only for one or two children or not at all! It's okay to mesh different curriculums together. Give it time, you'll be writing your own! I'm glad you have Laura to work with and support each other. Now, figure it all and save it for me in about, oh...5 years! :)
A perk to homeschooling, you can do it in your jammies or sweats! No parents to complain about you, lol.
Even in the classroom, I started each morning with prayer (before the kids came since you know no God in the schools and all.) usually I ended up returning to Him in prayer a couple times throughout the day. It really did make the difference between a good day or a bad. He guided you here, let Him lead you. He already has it planned out! :)

CM said...

How exciting! That's cool that you get to try it for free for one month. I hope it all goes well.