Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Not Remembering Wednesday ...

I'm sorry I am not doing my normal Remember When Wednesday Debt story. (Especially to you Twyla!)
Life has been busy, what can I say? It's a good busy though - I'm very thankful.

This weekend I had the opportunity to do two photo shoots. I did senior portraits for my cousin, Maddy, and family portraits for my cousin, Jesse. My family has been super supportive of my photography ventures and I am thankful there are so many of them so I've been able to get in lots of practice. 

The two shoots this last weekend convinced me that I not only want to, but am ready, to take my photography from a hobby to ... well, whatever the next step is. Business, I suppose. The fact that my aunt paid me after she saw the pictures and my cousin's wife said her pictures got over 60 comments on Facebook did nothing to discourage me, I can tell you that much.









But that's all. I've just decided I want to. The whole 'actually stepping out' thing may take some time. And a website. Honey...are you reading this?

Although...I do have my first official paid shoot booked. So, I'm excited about that.

Yeah!

4 comments:

twyla said...

I almost emailed you this morning to remind you that it was Wednesday. Then I had a realization that what has become a love of mine is actually "work" for you. And then I remembered you are homeschooling 4 amazing kids and probably cooking up a storm. And, well, I didn't want to pressure you. See I can be sensitive... haha. =) My solution: Hurry up and write the book!! *hint hint*
BTW, your pictures are AhhhMazing! I wish I lived closer so I could be on your list of upcoming shoots.

CM said...

Wow, those shots are awesome! I really think you have an eye for photography. You can just tell. I say GO FOR IT!

As far as a website...how about just starting a new blog for your photography? It would be free to start up and you already have experience with blogging. Then, just get some business cards made up with the blog website and an email account under the same name. I've seen some bloggers even talk about a company out there that makes free business cards for bloggers as long as you do a post/review for them. I don't remember the name though. Just my suggestion :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice work. Really nice work. And I especially liked your masthead and the text you selected

jessica said...

Wow gorgeous pictures! What kind of camera do you have?