Sunday, August 8, 2010

How we Roll ... or something like that

Last night we went over to my cousin's house.
She and her husband have three boys.
Mike and I have three boys. And a girl. My girl just so happens to be named after this particular cousin. She is very dear to me. She was my maid-of-honor and I was her matron-of-honor and she and her husband used to come over and watch Heroes at our house every Monday night. When Heroes was actually cool before it got lame. And when our children would actually fall asleep in a play pen and/or nurse to sleep.

I digress.

With six boys (and a girl) between the two of us, play dates and can be a little ... loud.

With six boys (and a girl) and two husbands between the two of us, dinner at each other's house can be a little ...

well ...

a lot ...

like

this.


I do wonder if it's weird that 

a) I stood on a table to get this picture.
b) I smiled and laughed a lot.
c) I didn't worry that my only daughter was being pummeled by a pacifier wielding diaper wearing child.
d) I ate a lot of cake.
e) My children ate all of their dinner.
f) My daughter only cried when she couldn't make it to the top of the pig pile.

Actually, I know it's not weird that I ate a lot of cake. That is, most certainly, how I roll.

5 comments:

Sister Copinherhair said...

To explain my addiction to running, it's so I, too, can eat A LOT of cake. I loooooooove cake. Any kind of cake.

I'm not shy about it. I help myself to a big piece. What is it with the people who give you a piece of cake that can be devoured in only two bites?

And I love the picture. I stink at photography so I never would have thought to get on top of a table. :)

Yellow said...

LOL! Oh my gosh I LOVE IT! Sounds like my family get togethers soon! I have three girls my sisters each have one, my husbands brother will have 3 children here in 6 months! Wow I am so ready for a big get together, clearly it means I can eat a lot of cake :)

CM said...

Ha ha ha! Seriously, I LOL! I did notice the diapered baby pulling on your daughter in the picture, but she probably handled it quite well considering she has three brothers!

This post is the true meaning of family! Glad you had a good time.

Momma K9 said...

So, at first, I thought "oh poor B, the only girl among all those crazy boys." Then I finished reading and thought, "nevermind!" :) Looks like a fun night had by all! Thanks for the tent loan, btw! Will take excellent care of it. Pray I actually take the time to enjoy this trip and not stress over every chill, bug and etc that "may" get Baby K9!

All I've Ever Wanted said...

I seriously LOVE this post! Thanks for sharing. Especially about the diaper/binky tough baby and your girl. Love it!! We have never gotten our brood together with a family of the same size - so jealous - sounds like so much fun!