Saturday, July 31, 2010

God Made Dirt

A few years ago this tree was causing us major problems.

It's needles were dropping all over our grass. Mike decided a good solution (since we're pretty sure our neighbor wouldn't want to cut it down) would be to turn the area underneath it into a play area. We killed all the grass and intended on refilling the area with pea gravel or rubber chips but started on our journey to getting out of debt and the area under the tree was placed at the bottom of the "to-do" list.
This is what it looks like now.


I really don't care that it's an ugly, grassless patch in our backyard. It's fenced in after all, so we're the only ones who have to look at it.

The problem is ...



And the fact that I finally found our missing dishes ...




I don't really mind the dirt.



But I do mind when the dirt does this ...



And it really bothers me when this little girl

says, "Don't worry Mom! I cleaned myself all by myself!"
Because I know it means ... 



I gave the kids a bath before dinner. Just as they were drying off and I was draining the noodles for our spaghetti I thought ... WAIT! SPAGHETTI?!

Sigh...perhaps I am a glutton for punishment.

4 comments:

Yellow said...

LOL! Wow that was truly just like my day yesterday! LOL, down to the whole "I cleaned myself!" My stove was saved, the mixer I was using for cake was not! Ohh Joy, The fun of dirt!

twyla said...

Why are your kids playing with the stove? Or are you secretly making mud pies when no one is looking?? I laughed when I read this because when I came to your house a year or so ago, you told the kids like every 10 minutes to "get out of the dirt." I guess you gave up like the rest of us have and let them get dirty. I actually let my kids puddle jump this year. Crazy!

CM said...

Ha ha ha! The spaghetti line was the best! LOL!

Yes, dirt is a kids best friend and a mama's worst enemy...but oh well, at least it keeps them busy!

The picture of your little girl is adorable!

Jessica Benson said...

hahah!!!