He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in His arms
and carries them close to His heart;
He gently leads those that have young. (NIV)
Friday, June 18, 2010
What I'm doing instead
We are leaving soon for a vacation to visit Mike's sister. We've never been to where she and her husband and their two girls live and we're super excited to finally see everything that they call home.
I have made a list of my "to-do's". This list includes (but is not limited to) :
* Sweeping and mopping our floor. The moppoing is long overdue. Long as in, I'll probably have to get down on my hands and knees in order to get some of the gunk off. This is disgusting. I know. Please don't judge me.
* Dusting the house. A-choo!
* Changing the sheets on all the kids' beds.
* Vacuuming. If I find one more random piece of oatmeal stuck to my foot I may have to scream.
* Cleaning, sweeping and mopping the master bedroom. It really should be our sanctuary but it's become the storage closet. Bleh.
* Cleaning both bathrooms.
* Doing laundry.
* Taking said done laundry and packing into suitcases.
This list does not include laying in bed with my husband for an hour, eating dark chocolate or painting my toenails. Yet ...
I guess some things are a little more important than house work and packing.