Thursday, June 24, 2010

Oh Canada!

I have found a quick moment while Mike and the older boys have gone out with Uncle Adam to fish and my other two are sleeping to do a quick post on our vacation.

Canada. Oh. My. Lordy.
Or more specifically, the Canadian Rockies. Really really oh my Lordy.

I have been surprised by how much I have been enjoying our stay here. I'm not really an out-doorsy type of gal and I was nervous about all the outdoor things we were going to be doing. However, this trip is changing that for me. Really truly changing that. Not only are we getting to spend time with Mike's sister and her family but her husband just happens to be a fish and wildlife officer so we are getting to experience the outdoors with an expert guide! We are having so much fun and Nature ... just. Wow.

So far the big highlights for the kids have been the baby deer that Uncle Adam rescued and they were able to feed. So sweet. They also got a huge kick out of the black bear and her two cubs that were mere feet from our car, the hordes of mountain goats and big horn sheep, elk and white-tail deer. And jumping on the hotel bed on our stay-over in Kamlooops...of course.

I'll have much more to post once we get home but I just wanted to share a quick little picture and give a shout out to Hinton. Small town Canada ... I am fond of you. In the summer. You still ain't gonna get me in the winter.

Near the source of the Miette Hot Springs in Jasper National Park in Alberta, Canada

6 comments:

Bucky and Britta Buchstaber said...

Wow! I've heard that part of Canada is just beautiful. Good for you, experiencing something so totally different. I know it's not always easy to be so far outside your realm of 'normal'. :) Good memories are being made, I bet!!

P.S. I'm still waiting to hear the rest of your "debt story"!! Seriously.

I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your time!!

Deputy's Wife said...

Too bad you didn't pack me in your suitcase, I would have loved going hunting with all that wildlife so close by! :)

Melissa said...

So glad you guys are enjoying all your family time! Your man looks so thin in this picture btw. Have fun in Canada enjoying all the nature. See you soon my friend!

TM said...

Your vacation sounds awesome, except for the black bear and her cubs being near your car. I would have had a heart attack. Looks beautiful there. Keep having fun and embracing nature!!

Sister Copinherhair said...

Wow. Wildlife. Not sure about the bears.

Sounds like it is a great time though. Hope the rest is the same. That's a great family picture.

Katie said...

SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! I think that my brother should do something like what Mike's sister's husband does...will you get the scoop???

And I LOVE your family pic! Soooo sweet!

Have a great time in nature. Just don't pet the black and white kitty cat-looking creature...if you see one... xoxoxoxoox